Our Mission & Core Values
Gammie HomeCare is a service oriented durable medical equipment company on Maui since 1986 and on Kauai since 1999. Gammie HomeCare improves the lives we serve through compassionate, knowledgeable home medical equipment solutions. Consumer rights, responsibilities, dignity, and confidentiality are of the highest priority in the delivery and follow up process. We constantly provide our staff with updates in the latest in-home healthcare technology through attendance at seminars, participation in factory training programs, in-house education and other appropriate methods.
This mission is executed by striving for quality every day through exceptional customer service at all levels and continuously seeking to improve the service we offer. We emphasize the company core values to propel us as a team forward: Commitment, Integrity, Respect, Accountability, and Positive Attitude.
- Committed – hold ourselves to a high standard of excellence and the team effort that goes into doing that. We continuously look for ways to improve our efforts to be more efficient and provide a better product and service to our community.
- Integrity: We are honest and ethical people. We make decisions that are honest and ethical. We play by the rules while maintaining a successful business environment.
- Respect: We treat others as we expect to be treated with courtesy and kindness. We embrace individuality and take the time to listen to what others have to say.
- Accountability – take responsibility for our actions as team members and as an organization. We work together to support each other in our commitment to providing exceptional products and service while never letting each other down.
- Positive Attitude – strive to inspire others, have fun, laugh and celebrate each other’s success.
Benefits offered to our team:
- Paid Medical / Dental / Vision (100% covered for employee)
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Retirement Account Matching
- Parental Leave
- Employee Discounts
- Gym Membership
- Health Spending Account (HSA)
Current Job Openings
Rehab/Repair Technician, Lihue, HI
Our Gammie HomeCare ‘Ohana is a team of honest and committed individuals who truly love and strive to build compassionate and knowledgeable solutions for our customers. We are a locally owned company in the State of Hawaii for over 35 years and strives for exceptional customer service at every level. We are in search of an individual who is extremely dependable, friendly, and excited to help other people!
A Rehab/Repair Technician works directly with our team of Assistive Technology Professionals (ATPs) to assist in assembly, modification and repair of home medical equipment with a special focus on complex rehab equipment like scooters, power wheelchairs, custom manual wheelchairs, specialty bath safety systems, and much more! This position requires strong communication skills when working with customers, referral sources, vendors and fellow team members.
The ideal candidate will have a good mechanical background, comfortable working with different types of tools (tools are provided on the job), and preferably with some electronics experience. This is a wonderful opportunity to take the love of mechanics and apply it to a position that is impactful to help people in our community!
This is a 40 hour per week full time position scheduled Monday - Friday 8:15 am - 5:00 pm and requires rotational on-call shifts. Our team members are highly dependable with great attendance! Competitive pay and benefits.
This opportunity may be a great fit if you meet these minimum requirements:
- High School Diploma
- 2 years mechanical / repair experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good typing skills (at least 30wpm)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and email applications
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to have problem solving skills to work independently
If you are excited and committed to helping other people and meet the minimum requirements, please send a resume and a paragraph as to why you would like to work for our company. We will only contact qualified applicants for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $23.00 - $28.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Mechanics / Repair: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)
Always Looking For Great Talent To Join Our Team
Even if a position isn’t open, and you feel like you’d be a great asset to the Gammie Homecare team. Please send us your resume and a message detailing why you would make a great fit by using the form below.